My best foodie tribe, I am sorry for skipping the publishing of my weekly recipe on this blog.
when it comes to my weekly blog feed, I am trying to be as punctual as I could, but life gets in the way sometimes.
I had to keep a distance from intensive exposure to social media to handle more urgent family stuff.
I had three rattling weeks of medical emergencies in my household that had their ripple effect on my energy and time (check my previous post).
That said, here we are up and running again and grateful that things are finally falling in place.
I will pause a moment here and indulge in Dalgona Iced Coffee, my newly discovered sin and mood booster.
Dalgona has been a sweeping hype that broke out in Vietnam and before we know, it went viral on Instagram, to bring back Nescafe to the forefront of our shopping lists.
Nescafe is a staple ingredient in my kitchen and this is BTW an unsponsored post.
I use Nescafe’s dense granules to spike my chocolate ganache and amp up the flavors of chocolate cakes and barks. It is one of my indispensable cooking assets.
Kudos to Nescafe for keeping up their quality over multiple decades. Continuity is a reward to ongoing improvement.
For more recipes from my Egyptian kitchen made easy, follow my IG account @cheznermine.
Dalgona Iced Coffee
Serves 2 people
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of cold milk or coconut milk
- Vanilla ice cream or coconut ice cream
- pinch of ground cinnamon, coco powder, or instant coffee (optional)
- Beat the coffee, add the instant powder, sugar and water in a deep container and beat with an electric beater until all sugar is dissolved, and the mix is golden and has the consistency of whipped cream.
- Assemble the coffee, divide the coffee-sugar mixture among the two tall glasses, add the cold milk, and then add an ice cream scoop.
- Decorate with a sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon, cocoa powder, or instant coffee.