Sometimes life is fair! The humblest dish could become the star among a myriad of gourmet and elaborate party food.
This applies to Corn-Bean Trio Salad. It proved to be a star salad, an ethereal side dish, and a crowd-pleaser at potlucks and BBQ parties.
Corn- Bean Trio Salad is a favorite family dish and has a wide appeal among our eclectic guests. Its vibrant colors, diverse textures, and meaty beans doused in zesty-pungent dressing are hard to resist. It does feel like a party in a dish.
The first time I had this salad was at a church potluck in Virginia. I was hooked by the fresh and astringent dressing. Obviously, I made sure to walk away at the end of this party with the recipe in my hands. I slightly tweaked the dressing to enhance its flavors by adding garlic and ginger powder.
If you have in your pantry beans’ cans, try to make it this week. It is a 100% made-easy, a plant-based salad that is rich in protein, vitamins, magnesium, and iron.
Due to the beans’ soft texture, kids love it too, particularly toddlers who love to pick up the colorful beads/beans with their tiny fingers.
Share this recipe, post your comments below, and follow me on IG @cheznermine
Three beans Salad: A Party in A Dish
Serves 6-8 people
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can yellow corn
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the beans and corn under running tap water to get rid of preservatives’ residue, and shake off any excess water.
- Add the rinsed beans, chopped green onions, green bell pepper, and chopped cilantro.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and add them to the salad 20 to 30 minutes before serving the salad.
- Best served cold.
- Feel free to mix and match other types of beans in this salad.
2 thoughts on “Corn-Bean Trio Salad: The Humblest Crowd Pleaser”