Dear friends and followers of Chez Nermine, this week, on my blog, I am delighted to host Wendy Hill, who shares a recipe for her Vegan Dairy-Free Green Smoothie. Wendy is the nutritionist behind the popular blog HillStart Nutrition Health & Wellness.
Wendy is uniquely placed to understand how food and good nutrition affects both our physical and mental wellbeing. She helps busy people make better decisions about their food choices, empowering them to be better educated and in control of their own health.
Specialized in helping those with limited diets (be it vegan, vegetarian, and/or allergies), Wendy closely work with them to create diets that are nutritious, easy to prepare and more importantly really tasty to eat.
Wendy shares her healthy diet approach on her blog, through 1-1 basis, or at Ditch the Diet membership site.
Now, it is time to leave you with Wendy to know more about her POWER Vegan Dairy-Free Green Smoothie.
Wendy’s Gut Healing Green Smoothie
Recipe by Wendy Hill
Serves 2 people
- 2½ cups unsweetened almond milk, cold
- 2 cup fresh baby spinach
- ½ avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Blend the smoothie: Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Serve: Divide into glasses and enjoy!
- No spinach? Use kale instead.
- No honey? Use maple syrup, dates, or an extra banana to sweeten instead.
- No milk? Use water instead, it’s just a bit less creamy.
- Storage: Make ahead and store in a sealed mason jar. Shake well before drinking. Keeps in the fridge for 1 – 2 days.